Patrick W. Walsh, J.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison (1977)
Emeritus Professor: Liability, Recycling
Biological Systems Engineering
460 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Tel: (608) 265-8152
Fax: (608) 262-1288
- Biological Systems Engineering: http://bse.wisc.edu/
- UW Extension Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center: http://www1.uwex.edu/ces/shwec.
- Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN): http://www.agctr.1su.edu/eden/default.aspx.
Education and Certificates
- BSEE Electrical Engineering Purdue University 1971
- MS Nuclear Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1973
- Eng. Environmental Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1974
- JD Law University of Wisconsin-Madison 1977
Fields of Interest
- Environmental policy
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- Disaster management
- BSE 409 Career Management For Engineers
- Walsh, P and O’Leary, P “The Problems of Long-Term Post- Closure Landfill Care,” Waste Management World (July-August, 2003)
- Walsh, P and O’Leary, P University of Wisconsin/Waste Age landfill course, Waste Age (monthly, January,2002-January, 2003)
A combined educational background and experience in law and engineering has enabled Professor Walsh to develop a broad program as a specialist for UW-Extension. His programs have focused on the policy and technical questions involving environmental control and pollution prevention, with an emphasis and waste management. He also works on energy related issues, especially renewable energy technologies and conservation. He is also the UW-Extension representative to the national Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN), which combines and shares expertise from around the country on natural disaster and homeland security topics.