Position title: Research Associate
501 Enzyme Institute
1710 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
- Biological Systems Engineering
Education and Certificates
- B.S. 2012 – Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
- Visiting Ph.D. student 2016-2018 – University of California, Davis
- Eng.D. 2018 – Chemical Energy Engineering, College of Energy, Xiamen University
Fields of Interest
- Bio-Based Chemicals
- Bio-based liquid fuel
- Biomass pretreatment
- Zheng Li, Andrew L Otsuki, Mark Mascal*. “Production of cellulosic gasoline via levulinic ester self-condensation”, Green Chemistry, 2018, 20: 3804-3808.
- Zheng Li, Xing Tang, Yetao Jiang, Yanjun Wang, Miao Zuo, Wei Chen, Xianhai Zeng*, Yong Sun, Lu Lin*. “Tandem thionation of biomass derived levulinic acid with Lawesson’s reagent”, Green Chemistry, 2016, 18: 2971-2975.
- Zheng Li, Miao Zuo, Yetao Jiang, Xing Tang, Xianhai Zeng*, Yong Sun, Tingzhou Lei, Lu Lin*. “Stable and efficient CuCr catalyst for the solvent-free hydrogenation of biomass derived ethyl levulinate to γ-valerolactone as potential biofuel candidate”, Fuel, 2016, 175(1): 232–239.
- Zheng Li, Xing Tang, Yetao Jiang, Yanjun Wang, Miao Zuo, Wei Chen, Xianhai Zeng*, Yong Sun, Lu Lin*. “Atom-economical synthesis of γ-valerolactone with self-supplied hydrogen from methanol”, Chemical Communications, 2015, 51(91): 16320-16323.
- Zheng Li, Yetao Jiang, Xing Tang, Miao Zuo, Xianhai Zeng*, Yong Sun, Lu Lin*. “Methyl 4-methoxypentanoate: a novel and potential downstream chemical of biomass derived gamma-valerolactone”, RSC Advances, 2015, 5(11): 8297-8300.
- Zheng Li, Xianhai Zeng*, Xing Tang, Yong Sun, Lu Lin*. “In-situ-prepared nanocopper-catalyzed hydrogenation-liquefaction of biomass in a glycerol-methanol solvent for biofuel production”, Energy & Fuels, 2014, 28(7): 4273-4281.