Anu Prathap Mylamparambil Udayan
472 Enzyme Institute
1710 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53726
- Biological Systems Engineering
Education and Certificates
- M.S. 2007 – Chemistry, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala, India.
- Tech 2009 – Polymer Science and Rubber Technology, CUSAT, Kerala, India.
- Ph.D 2014 – Chemistry), Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T), Ropar, India.
Fields of Interest
- Designing nanostructured metal oxides, polymer materials and carbonaceous materials towards application in small molecular electrocatalysis for energy conversion/storage devices
- Microelectrode fabrication for bioanalytical applications.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Rajendra Srivastava, Synthesis of NiCo2O4 and its application in the electrocatalytic oxidation of methanol, Nano Energy, 2 (2013) 1046–1053.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Chao Wei, Shengnan Sun, and Zhichuan J. Xu, A New Insight into Electrochemical Detection of Eugenol by Hierarchical Sheaf-like Mesoporous NiCo2O4, Nano Research, 8 (2015) 2636–2645.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Shengnan Sun, Chao Wei and Zhichuan J. Xu, A novel non-enzymatic lindane sensor based on CuO–MnO2 hierarchical nano-microstructures for enhanced sensitivity, Chemical Communications, 51 (2015) 4376–4379.
- Anu Prathap M.U., A. Chaurasia, S.N. Sawant, S.K. Apte, Polyaniline-based highly sensitive microbial biosensor for selective detection of lindane, Analytical Chemistry, 84 (2012) 6672–6678.
- Anu Prathap M.U., V. Anuraj, B. Satpati, Rajendra Srivastava, Facile preparation of Ni(OH)2–MnO2 hybrid material and its application in the electrocatalytic oxidation of hydrazine, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 262 (2013) 766–774.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Rajendra Srivastava, Tailoring properties of polyaniline for simultaneous determination of a quaternary mixture of ascorbic acid, dopamine, uric acid, and tryptophan, Sensors and Actuators: B-Chemical, 177 (2013) 239–250.
- Anu Prathap M.U., B. Satpati, Rajendra Srivastava, Facile preparation of polyaniline/MnO2 nanofibers and its electrochemical application in the simultaneous determination of catechol, hydroquinone, and resorcinol, Sensors and Actuators: B-Chemical, 186 (2013) 67–77.
- Anu Prathap M.U., B. Satpati, Rajendra Srivastava, Simultaneous detection of guanine, adenine, thymine, and cytosine at polyaniline/MnO2 modified electrode, Electrochimica Acta, 114 (2013) 285–295.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Rajendra Srivastava, Electrochemical reduction of Lindane (γ-HCH) at NiCo2O4 modified electrode, Electrochimica Acta, 108 (2013) 145–152.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Biswarup Satpati, Rajendra Srivastava, Facile preparation of β-Ni(OH)2-NiCo2O4 hybrid nanostructure and its application in the electro-catalytic oxidation of methanol, Electrochimica Acta, 130 (2014) 368–380.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Balwinder Kaur, Rajendra Srivastava, Hydrothermal synthesis of CuO micro-/nanostructures and their applications in the oxidative degradation of methylene blue and non-enzymatic sensing of glucose/H2O2, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 370 (2012) 144–154.
- Anu Prathap M.U., B. Kaur, Rajendra Srivastava, Direct synthesis of metal Oxide incorporated mesoporous SBA-15 and their applications in non-enzymatic sensing of glucose, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 381 (2012) 143–151.
- Anu Prathap M.U., R. Srivastava, Synthesis of nanoporous metal oxides through the self-assembly of phloroglucinol–formaldehyde resol and tri-block copolymer, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 358 (2011) 399–408.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Bhawana Thakur, Shilpa N. Sawant, Rajendra Srivastava, Synthesis of mesostructured polyaniline using mixed surfactants, anionic sodium dodecylsulfate and non-ionic polymers and their applications in H2O2 and glucose sensing, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 89 (2012) 108–116.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Shengnan Sun, Zhichuan J. Xu, Electrochemical sensor highly selective for lindane determination: A comparative study using three different α-MnO2 nanostructures, RSC Advances, 6 (2016) 22973-22979.
- Balwinder Kaura, Anu Prathap M.U. a, (a=Shares equal contribution) Rajendra Srivastava, Synthesis of transition metal exchanged nanocrystalline ZSM-5 and their application in electrochemical oxidation of glucose and methanol, ChemPlusChem, 77 (2012) 1119–1127.
- Rajendra Srivastava, Anu Prathap M.U., Rajkumar Kore, Morphologically controlled synthesis of copper oxides and their catalytic applications in the synthesis of propargylamine and oxidative degradation of methylene blue, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 392 (2011) 271–282.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Carlos Alberto Huerta Aguilar, Thangarasu Pandiyan, and Rajendra Srivastava, Synthesis of imidazole based NHC-Au(I) complexes and their application in non-enzymatic glucose sensing, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 43 (2013) 939–951.
- Anu Prathap M.U., T. Pandiyan, Rajendra Srivastava, Cu nanoparticles supported mesoporous polyaniline and its applications towards non-enzymatic sensing of glucose and electrocatalytic oxidation of methanol, Journal of Polymer Research, 20 (2013) 1-10.
- Anu Prathap M.U., Rajendra Srivastava, Morphological controlled synthesis of micro-/nano-polyaniline, Journal of Polymer Research, 18 (2011) 2455-2467.
- Rajendra Srivastava, Anu Prathap M.U., and Pulikottil M. F., Comprehensive guide for mesoporous materials, Synthesis and electrocatalytic applications of polyaniline, Nova Publishers, New York, 2015, ch. 10, vol. 1, pp. 241-282.
- P180010: SYNTHESIS OF NANOPOROUS MATERIAL FOR LIQUID- AND GASPHASE DETECTION OF NITROAROMATIC EXPLOSIVES AND COMPOUNDS, Sundaram Gunasekaran, Anu Prathap M.U.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – Senior Research Fellowship – Materials Science (CSIR-SRF-2012)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – Polymer Engineering (GATE-2009)