The Bioenergy and Bioproducts Lab of Prof. Xuejun Pan focuses on developing innovative technologies to convert lignocellulosic biomass (trees, grasses, and agricultural & forest residues) to fuels, chemicals, fibers and functionalized materials.
Areas of interest:
- Pretreatment and fractionation of lignocellulosic biomass
- Enzymatic and chemical saccharification of lignocellulose
- Chemical and biological conversion of lignocellulose to chemicals and liquid fuels
- High-value utilization of cellulose, hemicellulose and lignin
- Fundamental understanding of physical and chemical changes of plant cell wall during biorefining.
546 Enzyme Research Institute
1710 University Ave.
Madison, WI 53726
Phone: (608) 262-4951