Position title: Assistant Professor, UW-River Falls
Website: Bahareh Hassanpour's website
Phone: (715) 425-4791
611 S. Third street
River falls, WI 54022
Plant and Earth Science, UW-River Falls
Department of Biological Systems Engineering
Education and Certificates
- Ph.D., Cornell University, Environmental Engineering, 2014-2019
- MSc., Cornell University, Environmental Engineering,2014-2017
- MSc, University of Tehran, Agricultural Engineering-Irrigation and Drainage, 2007- 2009
- BSC. Urmia University, Agricultural Engineering- Water Engineering, 2003-2007
Fields of Interest
- Water quality
- Nutrient cycling
- Fate and transport of contaminants
- Remediation of non-point source pollution
Teaching (if applicable)
- Hydrology and Water Quality, University of Wisconsin- River Falls
- Agricultural Waste Management, University of Wisconsin- River Falls
- Hydrogeology, University of Wisconsin- River Falls
- Water Quality Modeling, University of Wisconsin- River Falls
- Hassanpour, B., Blair, N., & Aristilde, L. (2022). Metabolomics analysis of unresolved molecular variability in stoichiometry dynamics of a stream dissolved organic matter. Water Research, 223, 118923.
- Hassanpour, B., Aristilde, L., (2021) Redox-Related Metabolic Dynamics Imprinted on Short-Chain Carboxylic Acids in Soil Water Extracts: A 13C-Exometabolomics Analysis. Environmental Science & Technology Letters, 8, 2, 183-191
- Sinclair, L., Brown, J., Salim, M., May, D., Guilvaiee, B., Hawkins, A., Cathles, L., (2020). Optimization of fluorescence and surface adsorption of citric acid/ethanolamine carbon nanoparticles for subsurface tracers. Carbon, 169, 395-402.
- Hassanpour, B., Riazi, S.F., Menzies Pluer, E.G., Geohring, L.D., Guzman, C.D., Steenhuis, T.S., (2020). Biochar acting as an electron acceptor reduces nitrate removal in woodchip denitrifying bioreactors. Ecological Engineering, 149, 105724
- Hassanpour, B., L.D. Geohring, A. R. Klein, S. Giri, L. Aristilde, and T.S. Steenhuis. (2019). Application of denitrifying bioreactors for the removal of atrazine in agricultural drainage water. Journal of Environmental Management, 239(1), 48-56
- Hassanpour, B., Richards, B. K., Goehring, L. D., Parlange, J-Y., Steenhuis, T.S. (2019). Predicting the fate of preferentially moving herbicides. Vadose zone Journal, 18(1), 1-11
- Hassanpour, B., Giri, S., Pluer, W., Steenhuis, T.S., Geohring, L. (2017). Field performance of denitrifying bioreactors in the northeastern United States: Field trial. Journal of Environmental Management, 202(1), 242-253.
- Stoof, C. R., Gevaert, A., Baver, C., Hassanpour, B., Morales, V. L., Zhang, W. Martin, D., Giri, S., Steenhuis, T. S. (2016). Can pore-clogging by ash explain post-fire runoff? International Journal of Wildland Fire. 25, 294–305
- Steenhuis, T. S., Baver, C. E., Hassanpour, B., Stoof, C. R., DiCarlo, D. A., & Selker, J. S. (2013). Pore-scale consideration in unstable gravity driven finger flow. Water Resources Research, 49(11), 7815–7819.
- Hassanpour, B., Parsinejad, M., Yazdani, M.R., Salahshour Dalivand, F., Kossari, H. (2011) Evaluation of modified DRAINMOD in predicting groundwater table fluctuations and yield of canola in paddy fields under snowy conditions (case study: Rasht Iran). Journal of Irrigation and Drainage, 60(5),660–667.