James O. Peterson
Position title: Emeritus Professor: Water Quality
Phone: (608) 238-6555
445 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
- UW Extension
- Water quality
- Drinking water supply
- Domestic wastewater management
Fields of Interest
- Water supply
- Onsite waste disposal
- Guest lectures on groundwater and drinking water quality
- Jones, S.A. and J.O. Peterson (1998) “Assessing the Risk of Groundwater Contamination from Drinking Water Well Condition” UWEX-CES Bulletin G-3536-1W, Part of bulletin packet “Farm*A*Syst–Farmstead Assessment System”.
- Ziebarth, A., J. Merrill, and J.O. Peterson (1993) “Care and Maintenance of Residential Septic Systems” UWEX-CES Bulletin B-3583. (Rev. 1998)
- Peterson, J.O., J.C. Converse and E.J. Tyler (1991) “Improving Household Wastewater Treatment” UWEX-CES Bulletin G-3536-6F, 12 pp. Part of bulletin packet “Farm*A*Syst–Farmstead Assessment System”.
- Shaw, B.H. and J.O. Peterson (1986) “Improving Your Drinking Water Quality.” University Extension, Madison, WI UWEX-CES Bulletin G-3378, 7 pp.
Selected Awards and Honors
- UW Extension Award for Excellence, 1992
- WI Onsite Waste Disposal Association Outstanding Achievement Award, 1996
- IL and WI Groundwater Association’s Groundwater Science Achievement Award, 1997