Position title: Research Associate
Phone: (608) 628-4516
115 Agricultural Engineering Building
460 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726
Biological Systems Engineering
Education and Certificates
- B.Tech. 2015 – Department of Biotechnology, St. Joseph’s College of Engineering (Anna University), India
- M.Tech. 2017 – Department of Biotechnology, Karpaga Vinayaga College of Engineering and Technology (Anna University), India
- Ph.D. 2021 – Anna University, India
Fields of Interest
- Waste management
- Techno-economic analysis
- Life cycle assessment
- R. Naveenkumar, J. Han*, Techno-economic analysis of food waste valorization for integrated production of polyhydroxyalkanoates and biofuels, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 348 (2022) 126796 (IF – 9.642).
- R. Naveenkumar, J. Han*, Integrated Polylactic Acid and Biodiesel Production from Food Waste: Process Synthesis and Economics, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 343 (2021) 126119 (IF – 9.642).
- R. Naveenkumar, G. Baskar*, J. Han, K. Saraswathi, A. Ananth, K. Venugopal, R.B. Sherly Priyanka, Recent advances in valorization of organic municipal waste into energy using biorefinery approach, environment and economic analysis, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 337 (2021) 125498 (IF – 9.642).
- R. Naveenkumar, G. Baskar*, I. E. S. Aberna, Optimization and Technoeconomic analysis of bio-oil extraction from Calophyllum inophyllum L. seeds by Ultrasonic assisted solvent oil extraction, Industrial Crops & Products, Vol. 162 (2021) 113273 (IF-4.244).
- R. Naveenkumar, G. Baskar*, Optimization and Techno-economic Analysis of Biodiesel Production from Calophyllum inophyllum oil using Heterogeneous Nanocatalyst, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 315 (2020) 123852 (IF – 7.539).
- R. Naveenkumar, G. Baskar*, Process optimization, green chemistry balance and technoeconomic analysis of biodiesel production from castor oil using heterogeneous nanocatalyst, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 320 (2020) 124347 (IF – 7.539).
- R. Naveenkumar, G. Baskar*, Ultrasonic Assisted Extraction of Oil from Castor Seeds: Optimization using Response Surface Methodology, Extraction Kinetics, and Characterization, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, (2019) (IF- 1.07).
- R. Naveenkumar, G. Baskar*, Biodiesel production from Calophyllum inophyllum oil using Zinc doped Calcium oxide (Plaster of Paris) nanocatalyst, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 280 (2019) 493-496 (IF-5.807).
- G. Baskar*, R. Naveenkumar, N. Mohanapriya, S. Roselin Nivetha, R. Aiswarya, Optimization and kinetics of ultrasonic assistedbiooil extraction from Madhuca indica seeds, Industrial Crops and Products, Vol. 124 (2018) 954-959 (IF-3.849).
- G. Baskar*, R. Naveenkumar, X. Heronimus Melvin, R. Aiswarya, S. Soumya, Sesbania aculeate biomass hydrolysis using magnetic nanobiocomposite of cellulase for bioethanol production, Renewable Energy, Vol. 98 (2016) 23-28 (IF- 3.746).
Awards and Honors
- Best Paper Award – “The International Graduate Symposium on Industrial Biotechnology-2019” – Jiangnan University, China.
- Outstanding Research Award – The Education and Research Center for Semiconductor and Chemical Engineering, Jeonbuk National University, South Korea.