Position title: Assistant Professor
Phone: (608) 265-2575
230 Agricultural Engineering Building
460 Henry Mall
Madison, WI 53706
Website – Digital Ag Research Lab
Twitter – @ZhouZhang10
- Biological Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Center for Sustainability and the Global Environment, Nelson Institute
Education and Certificates
B.S. 2010 – Astronautics Engineering, Beihang University
M.S. 2013 – Instrumentation Science and Opto-electronics Engineering, Beihang University
Ph.D. 2017 – Civil Engineering, Purdue University
Fields of Interest
- Multi-source remote sensing data fusion (e.g. hyperspectral, LiDAR, RGB).
- Machine learning for high dimensional data analysis.
- UAV-based imaging platform developments for precision agriculture.
- Crop yield prediction using remote sensing and machine learning.
- High-throughput image-based plant phenotyping.
- A. Habib, T. Zhou, A. Masjedi, Z. Zhang, J. Flatt and M. M. Crawford, “Boresight calibration of GNSS/INS-assisted push-broom hyperspectral scanners on UAV platforms,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1734-1749, 2018.
- Z. Zhang and M. M. Crawford, “A batch-mode regularized multimetric active learning framework for classification of hyperspectral images,” IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 6594-6609, 2017.
- A. Habib, Y. Han, W. Xiong, F. He, Z. Zhang and M. M. Crawford, “Automated ortho-rectification of UAV-based hyperspectral data over an agricultural field using frame RGB imagery,” Remote Sensing, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 796-817, 2016.
- Z. Zhang, E. Pasolli, H. L. Yang and M. M. Crawford, “Multimetric active learning for classification of remote sensing data,” IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1007-1011, 2016.
- Z. Zhang, E. Pasolli, M. M. Crawford and J. C. Tilton, “An active learning framework for hyperspectral image classification using hierarchical segmentation,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 640-653, 2016.
- C. Bai and Z. Zhang, “Acceleration-based mass imbalance feedforward compensation for inertial stabilized platform,” International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 609-617, 2014.
- Z. Zhang and Z. Shi, “Nonnegative matrix factorization based hyperspectral and panchromatic image fusion,” Journal of Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 23, pp. 895-905, 2013.
- Z. Zhang, Z. Shi and Z. An, “Hyperspectral and panchromatic image fusion using unmixing-based constrained nonnegative matrix factorization,” Optik, International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, vol. 124, pp. 1601-1608, 2013.
Awards and Honors
- Best Student Paper, 2016 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium
- Pai Tao Yeh Fellowship, Purdue University
- Ross Fellowship, Purdue University